Independent Contractor Music Therapist – Tamara’s Piano Studio and Music Therapy Services – York Region and GTA
Job type: Part-Time
Approx. hours/w availability: 10
Job location: Canada Ontario
Compensation range (CAD): $30.25 - $90.75/session
Tamara’s Piano Studio and Music Therapy Services is seeking a PART-TIME INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (with potential to grow to full-time, if desired).
Start date: Immediate, starting with training/on-call status while building caseload.
Tamara’s Piano Studio and Music Therapy Services (TPSMTS) is a primarily pediatric Music Therapy practice that specializes in providing 1:1 adapted music lessons and Music Therapy sessions for children, adolescents, and adults with developmental disabilities and neurological disorders. Our services are provided both in our studio (Thornhill, Ontario) and in clients’ homes throughout York Region and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Flexibility to be on-call and ability to cover current company Music Therapists
- Preparing and delivering Music Therapy sessions and adapted music lessons to children, adolescents, and adults with a wide variety of abilities in the studio and in clients’ homes
- Use of an eclectic, client-centered approach while being flexible, adaptive, and creative in planning to meet each individual clients’ strengths and needs
- Preparing and maintaining client progress notes each week for review by the Director
- Attending team meetings, trainings, and events
- Consulting with potential, new, and existing clients
- Communicating regularly with clients, their families, fellow staff and contractors, and the Director
- Supporting the team, clients, and families in performance preparations for our annual “End-of-the-Year Party and Recitals”
- Performing other duties as assigned, when needed
Music Therapist Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree of Music Therapy, including completion of the required 1000 hour internship
- Certified Music Therapist (MTA) designation (or actively seeking MTA designation), and proof of completion of the CBMT board exam
- A member in good standing of the Canadian Association of Music Therapy (CAMT) and member of the Music Therapy Association of Ontario (MTAO).
- At least 1-year of experience working with individuals with developmental delays and neurological disorders
- At least 1-year of experience providing music lessons (piano, voice, guitar, etc.)
- Demonstrated passion for Music Therapy and proven clinical skills
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated writing proficiency
- Proven organizational skills and punctuality
- Available to cover and provide lessons/sessions in our studio (Thornhill, Ontario) and in clients’ homes across York Region and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
- Must provide a clear vulnerable sector police check
- Must provide proof of receiving all recommended COVID vaccines.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Grade 8 Royal Conservatory of Music certification (or higher) in piano and/or equivalent in other instruments
- Experience working with individuals with developmental delays and neurological disorders
- Successful completion of the Neurologic Music Therapy (NMT) Training
- Qualifying or current member of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Currently certified in Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Holds a valid G class driver’s license with access to a vehicle
Why choose TPSMTS?
- Ongoing clinical supervision
- Monthly team meetings with peer supervision and support
- Access to and use of our beautiful clinical space (which includes two studios, a spacious waiting room, and full kitchen)
- Access to our exclusive resource database of interventions created for and by our team
- Handheld instruments are provided (note: candidate(s) will need to have their own guitar)
- Competitive rates, with room for growth
- Being an integral and valued member of our passionate, enthusiastic, and dynamic team of dedicated music therapists and music teachers!
To apply, please send your cover letter & resume to Tamara Leszner-Rovet (Owner and Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about us and the services we provide, please visit our website: www.tpsmts.com , Instagram @tpsmtstor, or our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TPSMTS
Additional info:Please note that compensation range is PER SESSION PROVIDED will depend on the contract, session length, and session location.