London, ON: Part-Time Independent Contractor Music Therapist
Job type: Part-Time
Job availability: 20
Job location: Canada Ontario
Compensation range (CAD): Up to $45/hour
Connections Music Therapy
Recently voted the ‘Best in London’ for music education, Connections Music Therapy (CMT) is seeking a an independent contractor music therapist to join our young and growing team, starting at approximately 20 hours per week.
Start Date: July 2022
As part of the CMT team, you will create and implement sessions with a wide range of clientele in both individual and group sessions.
Candidate Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Music Therapy degree from a recognized university, including completion of the 1000 hour internship
- Certified Music Therapist (MTA) designation OR in progress of seeking certification
- A member in good standing with the Canadian Association of Music Therapists (CAMT)
- Passion for music therapy and outstanding clinical skills
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and punctuality
- Holds a valid G license and has access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel within a 1 hour radius from the studio located in East London
- Available to work a variety of days, evenings, and weekends
Preference will be given to those with:
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with children and adolescents with developmental delays and neurological disorders
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in long term care
- Additional training in disabilities/youth studies
- Having completed Neurologic Music Therapy (NMT) training
- Music therapists looking to join the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Jess Dickie-Poor (owner) at email@example.com
Interviews will be completed by mid June. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job offer will be dependent on a police check with vulnerable sector screening.
Up to $45/hour! New graduates welcome to apply!
Phone: (519) 670-8409