Miya Creative Care – Oakville
Job type: Part-Time
Approx. hours/w availability: 10
Job location: Canada Ontario
Compensation range (CAD): $32.50-$63.00
For a PDF of this job posting, please click here.
Miya Creative Care is looking for a part-time music therapist (5-10 hours/week) in Oakville to begin immediately. This independent contractor will be working with different populations, with a focus on senior care, and will have opportunities for growth.
- Certified Music Therapist (MTA) with the Canadian Association of Music Therapists (CAMT) in good standing or in progress
- Experience and passion for working with older adults and in senior care settings
- Meets the musical and clinical competencies recommended by the Canadian Association of Music Therapists
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative and adaptive clinical skills
- Possess own instruments, including a guitar and a variety of rhythm instruments
- Be independent, organized, and enthusiastic about working as part of a team
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccine
- Develop, implement, coordinate, and evaluate music therapy programs
- Maintain an active clinical caseload providing assessment, treatment, documentation, and education
- Maintain professionalism, including abiding by all PPE regulations
- Attend monthly team meetings
Please send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 25, 2022 with the following:
- Cover letter (Briefly sharing why this position is the right fit for you)
- 2 references with contact information
- 1 fun and interesting fact about yourself in the email!
Additional info:Who We Are: Miya Creative Care provides services in partnership with care facilities, families, and individuals throughout Ontario. Our purpose is to empower and enrich lives through the creative arts therapies. Our team currently consists of 23 passionate and dedicated creative arts therapists, a leadership team, and clinical leads who bring their own unique specializations, approaches, and experiences to the MCC team. Our core values are commitment to quality care, respect, adaptability, honesty and integrity, collaboration, and dedication. We offer our team members peer supervision, self-care events, professional development opportunities, and ongoing clinical support.
Phone: (416) 951-2788