Music Therapist – Julia’s Place (30 hrs)
Job type: Full-Time
Approx. hours/w availability: 30
Job location: Canada Ontario
Compensation range (CAD): 45,000/year
For a PDF version of this posting, please click here.
*Please note that there is the opportunity to move to full time (40 hours) with an increase in salary to 60,000/year within 6 months*
Julia’s Place Music Therapy is seeking an experienced, flexible and motivated certified music therapist with neurologic music therapy training to join our team of music therapists. Our programs take place at our fully-stocked clinic located at the north end of Brampton, online, and/or within the GTA community.We serve a wide range of clients of all ages and abilities. This role includes providing music therapy sessions and program development. The music therapist must display professionalism and follow the CAMT Code of Ethics at all times. It is expected that the music therapist prepares for all of their sessions, keeps records of all sessions, and evaluates programs as needed. Music therapists are expected to relate to their clients in a positive manner, recognizing and utilizing the unique abilities of each individual.
- Paid time off
- Paid sick days
- Health and Dental benefits package
- Supervision available
This role will be divided approximately into 75% clinical work and 25% creating community partners and new programs. Duties and responsibility include:
- Maintain timely communication with Julia’s Place staff and clients
- Answer emails and phone calls as needed
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Participate in supervision as needed
- Provide music therapy sessions, assessments and other music programs.
- Conduct music therapy sessions as scheduled
- Maintain professional attire at all times
- Complete documentation
- This includes: session agendas, session notes, assessment reports and update reports
- Regular session notes must be completed the same day that sessions take place
- Ratio of client contact time to documentation time is expected to be 3:1.
- Develop new programs and complete other administration tasks.
- A minimum of 3 years of active clinical work experience (preferred)
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Music Therapy
- CAMT member in good standing with MTA status
- Valid Neurologic Music Therapy training
- Proficient in reading, writing, speaking and comprehension in the English
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Google Drive systems (docs, sheets) and e-mail systems.
- Strong musical skills
- Comfortable presenting and explaining music therapy to the public
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Availability on Saturdays and 2-3 afternoon/evening per week
- Lifting and transportation of instruments.
- May be required to provide hand-over-hand assistance to clients
- Some clients may have unpredictable behaviours
- Driving to different locations may be required
Phone: (647) 230-2066