Music Therapist – Julia’s Place (8-10 hrs)
Job type: Part-Time
Approx. hours/w availability: 8
Job location: Canada Ontario
Compensation range (CAD): $35-40/hour
For a PDF of this job posting, please click here.
Julia’s Place Music Therapy is seeking a flexible and motivated certified music therapist with neurologic music therapy training to join our team of music therapists. Our programs take place at our fully-stocked clinic located at the north end of Brampton, online, and/or within the GTA community. We serve a wide range of clients of all ages and abilities. The music therapist is primarily responsible for providing music therapy sessions. They must display professionalism and follow the CAMT Code of Ethics at all times. It is expected that the music therapist prepares for all of their sessions, keeps records of all sessions, and evaluates programs as needed. Music therapists are expected to relate to their clients in a positive manner, recognizing and utilizing the unique abilities of each individual.
Duties and responsibility of the music therapist will be to:
- Maintain timely communication with Julia’s Place staff and clients
- Answer emails and phone calls as needed
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Participate in supervision as needed
- Submit time sheet at the end of each month
- Provide music therapy sessions, assessments and other music programs (as agreed upon).
- Conduct music therapy sessions as scheduled
- Maintain professional attire at all times
- Complete documentation
- This includes: session agendas, session notes, assessment reports and update reports
- Regular session notes must be completed the same day that sessions take place
- Ratio of client contact time to documentation time is expected to be 3:1.
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Music Therapy
- CAMT member in good standing with MTA status
- Valid Neurologic Music Therapy training
- Proficient in reading, writing, speaking and comprehension in the English
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Google Drive systems (docs, sheets) and e-mail systems.
- Strong musical skills
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Availability on Saturdays and one afternoon/evening per week
- Lifting and transportation of instruments.
- May be required to provide hand-over-hand assistance to clients
- Some clients may have unpredictable behaviours
- Driving to different locations may be required
Phone: (647) 230-2066