Music Therapist – Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care, Penetanguishene ON
Job type: Full-Time
Approx. hours/w availability: 37.5
Job location: Canada Ontario
Compensation range (CAD): $31.94 to $35.26 per hour
Job qualifications: Certified Music Therapist (MTA) in good standing with the Canadian Association of Music Therapists (CAMT)
For a PDF of this job posting, please click here.
Link to Apply Online: Quadrant Self Service (waypointcentre.ca)
Employer: Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care, Penetanguishene ON
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time up to 18 months (Maternity Leave Coverage)
Posting Date: January 9th, 2023
Deadline to Apply: January 19th, 2023
The Manager of Rehabilitation & Transition Services at Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care is currently seeking a Music Therapist. The purpose of the position is to develop, promote and implement Music Therapy Services to Patients and Clients of Waypoint utilizing a person centered approach in accordance with the standards of the CAMT.
Please Note: This position offers a hybrid work environment consisting of in-office and remote work. Office location is 500 Church St in Penetanguishene, ON.
- Develop, promote, implement and evaluate a range of Music Therapy services based on Best Practices; design and implement specialized service plans to address specific identified patient/ client need.
- Assess patient strengths and areas of growth through a combination of techniques such as:use of standardized assessment tools, interviews and activity; observing and reporting client progress to the clinical team.
- Implement established and innovative Music Therapy interventions on an individual basis and/or in group settings.
- Collaborating with patients/clients, natural supports and other relevant caregivers to determine appropriate treatment goals and objectives; including contributing to clinical rounds and patient care conferences.
- Assist Clients/Patients in developing related resources; counsel clients on the use of skills and knowledge related to music.
- Provide Music Therapy services to Waypoint patients and community clients in groups or individually based on assessed needs.
- Seek, support, and develop appropriate partnerships with a range of service providers; Facilitate connections with services needed for transition and/or participation.
- Contribute to Rehab Services/ Team Process, including involvement in Departmental meetings, project development, planning and evaluation; initiate and implement special research and quality improvement projects.
- Documenting clinical assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, treatment plan modifications and treatment terminations according to Waypoint standards.
- Maintenance of musical equipment (instruments, recording studio)
- Participation in professional development/continued education and research activities.
- Bachelor of Music Therapy from a Canadian Association for Music Therapy (CAMT) approved program.
- Certified Music Therapist (MTA) in good standing with the Canadian Association of Music Therapists (CAMT)
- Preference for recent and related mental health experience in a mental health facility or community service
- Demonstrated knowledge of Music Therapy theory, best practices, approaches and treatment techniques for people with mental illness
- Proven success with essential competencies of Music Therapy practice
- Knowledge of principles and values of rehabilitation including facility and client needs, assessment, treatment, goal and objective setting, service planning, supportive counseling and crisis intervention.
- Experience in developing an evaluation framework and outcome measurement
- Results oriented work ethic to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated leadership, conflict resolution, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt readily to change
- Models and promotes core ethical practice, Waypoint Values (Caring, Respect, Accountability, Innovation), and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude
- Preference for proficiency in French/English language skills
- You must meet the requirements of our COVID-19 Immunization Policy by providing proof of full vaccination, or a request and receipt of an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code, including a medical exemption
How do I apply?
Waypoint employees apply through the Employee Self-Service portal at https://employees.waypointcentre.ca and external applicants apply to http://www.waypointcentre.ca/i_want_to/join_your_teamby close of business (5:00 pm) on January 19th, 2023 quoting Job ID WC22-441. Attach your cover letter and resume detailing why you are interested in this opportunity and how you meet the qualifications and key accountabilities specified.
Phone: (416) 570-0293