Registered Music Therapist – SAAAC – Scarborough
Job type: Full-Time
Approx. hours/w availability: 37.5
Job location: Canada Ontario
Compensation range (CAD): $35/hour
Job qualifications: RMT, MMT
The SAAAC Autism Centre is a registered charity based in Toronto. The centre was founded in 2008 with the intention of empowering culturally and linguistically diverse families in need of ASD support.
The organization’s mandate is to provide culturally responsive services that encourage lifelong development of children, youth, and adults with autism; empower caregivers through education, training, and peer support networks; and increase access through community engagement and knowledge sharing.
Your Role on Our Team:
We are seeking a full time Registered Music Therapist (RMT) to join our growing and dynamic arts programs. This position will work directly with children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families individually and in group settings to assess and provide music therapy interventions. You will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of music therapy programs for clients of all ages accessing services at SAAAC.
- Develop, promote, implement, and evaluate a range of Music Therapy services based on Best Practices.
- Design and implement specialized service plans to address specific identified client needs.
- Implement established and innovative Music Therapy interventions on an individual basis and/or in group settings.
- Seek, support, and develop appropriate partnerships with a range of service providers.
- Collaboration and communication with internal team and external service providers to promote and expand our arts programs.
- Supervising placement students and volunteers in programs
- Participation in professional development/continued education and research activities.
- Bachelor of Music Therapy from a Canadian Association for Music Therapy (CAMT) approved program.
- Certified Music Therapist (MTA) in good standing with the Canadian Association of Music Therapists (CAMT)
- Bachelor of Music Therapy Degree required (internship completed)
- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (required)
- Current membership in good standing with the Music Therapy Association of Ontario (preferred)
- Experience working with individuals requiring psychosocial support (preferred)
- Previous experience working as a Music Therapist preferred
- Strong music skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in program planning and case management.
- Ability to manage children with challenging behaviors and communicate effectively with caregivers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as a Lead/Mentor as well as independently.
- Experience in developing an evaluation framework and outcome measurement
- Results oriented work ethic to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated leadership, conflict resolution, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Outgoing, dynamic and independent, quick thinker and problem solver;
- Satisfactory current Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Records Check.
To Apply please send your resume and cover letter to Dharshi Polio at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (647) 292-5111