Toronto: Part-Time Contract Music Therapist
Job type: Part-Time
Job availability: 15
Job location: Canada Ontario
Compensation range (CAD): $30-35/hr based on years of experience. Pay is 1.5 hours per clinical hour.
The Music Therapy Centre is a street-front clinic in Toronto, and a project of the Canadian Music Therapy Fund. The Centre provides both on and off-site services to a wide variety of people and organizations. There is currently a large focus on services for people with mental health challenges, children and adults with disabilities, and community-based music therapy services at various offsite locations. We are seeking a music therapist for part-time contract work (~15 hours currently available); including evening and weekend work. This position will grow as new referrals are received.
- Application Deadline: June 7th, end of day
- Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Position to begin immediately.
- Providing group, individual, and dyad sessions for a wide variety of people offsite in various GTA locations, virtually, and onsite at the Music Therapy Centre
- Providing intakes and assessments
- Documentation and report writing
- Consultation with relevant team members
- Administrative tasks as assigned
- Presentations and in-services as needed
- MTA status
- RP status (or qualifying) is an asset
- minimum 2 years of clinical experience is preferred
- works well both on a team and independently
- availability to work on Saturdays (onsite)
- capacity to take on at least 15 hours of new work over ~3-4 days/week
- a car is required for this position
Pay Scale: $30-35/hr based on years of experience. Pay is 1.5 hours per clinical hour.
This position provides an excellent work environment with supervisory support, compensation beyond the clinical hour to account for documentation time etc., paid team meetings, diverse client populations, and opportunities to grow as a professional.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and names for two professional references via email to email@example.com
1175 Bloor Street West, Toronto ON M6H 1M9 416.535.0200 1.888.689.9545 musictherapyfund.ca
Charitable Registration Number 88551 0008 RR0001
Phone: (416) 535-0200